Last Modified: June 29, 2018
Cheque products and services (“Service”) are provided by D+H Retail Solutions, a division of D+H Cheque Services Corporation (“we”, “us” or the equivalent).
You may withdraw your consent to the use of Personal Information by contacting the Privacy Officer as provided below. However, if you withdraw your consent you will not be able to continue to use the Service.
Collection of Information
We may collect some or all of the following Personal Information in connection with your registration for use of the Service:
- membership #;
- first and last name;
- email address (Your User ID)
- company name;
- street address;
- postal code;
- phone number; and
- a password, to authenticate you on the Service website
In addition, you may also be required to provide or authorize us to collect the following Personal Information in order to use certain Service features. The Personal Information which we may collect depends on Service features available as part of the Service features selected; consult our website for details:
Cheque Orders, Deposit Slips and Accessories: We may collect some or all of the following Personal Information when you order cheques, deposit slips or any accessories:
- first name*;
- last name*;
- business name*;
- business address;
- financial institution #*;
- branch number*;
- account number*; and
- branch address;
- name on credit card**;
- credit card number**;
- card type**; and
- expiry date**
(* is mandatory information;
** mandatory only if making a purchase)
Website Collection of Information
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information:
- to verify your identity and provide the Services and customer support you request, including but not limited to the following Services:
- Placing a cheque order;
- Placing a deposit slip order; and
- Ordering accessories
This may include disclosure of the information we collect, as described above, to non-affiliated third parties that are acting on our behalf or with whom we interact in performing the Services, including:
- Parties with whom there may be possible cases of identity theft or fraud, and then only to detect the actual facts or to resolve the case.
- Parties which could include governmental units, courts or other entities (in response to subpoenas and other legal processes), and those with whom you have requested us to share information.
- To obtain information which may help detect fraud or identity theft.
- To notify appropriate parties of possible identity theft or fraud.
- for administrative purposes;
- to understand your needs and preferences so that we may notify you of new service offerings or send you advertisements that respond to your needs or preferences based on your communication preferences;
- to resolve disputes, collect payments, and troubleshoot problems;
- on an aggregate, non-identified basis for the purposes of planning a service or product and to monitor patterns, gather data and generate reports. This aggregated information may be published or shared with third parties. We or our service providers may perform statistical analyses of user and online behaviour and characteristics to measure interest in and use of the Services so as to improve the Service. We or our service providers may also perform various analyses of de-identified online interactions and activity of the users we monitor to improve the usefulness of our alerts, as well as to provide behavioral and statistical insight and context across the system.
- to process payment transactions;
- to send you notices about your transactions; and
- to provide a record of correspondence with you, whether by telephone, mail, email or text message, to ensure instructions are properly followed and to ensure customer service levels are maintained.
We may also monitor or record any telephone call we have with you. Monitoring and recording of calls is done to establish a record of the information you provide; to ensure that instructions are properly followed; and to ensure customer service levels are maintained. We will inform you of the possibility that your call is being monitored or recorded prior to proceeding with the call. If you prefer not to have your call recorded you can conduct your transaction online or contact our Privacy Officer to arrange an alternate procedure.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- to a government institution, law enforcement or other authority that has lawful authority to obtain the information;
- to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or entity with jurisdiction to compel the production of information;
- in urgent circumstances to protect the life, health or security of any person; or
- to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information.
Your Personal Information may be transferred, stored and/or processed by us or by our third party service providers outside of the country where you reside, such as in the United States. In that case, your Personal Information would be subject to the laws of the country in which it is stored or transferred. That country may have laws that require your Personal Information be disclosed to the government under different circumstances that exist in your country of residence.
We have implemented reasonable technical, physical and administrative safeguards designed to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, modification, disclosure, or other breach of privacy. We have comprehensive physical and logical security policies and procedures, based on industry best practices, designed to address practices for the secure access, storage, transmission, and disposal/destruction of Personal Information. We will maintain appropriate security upon the disposal and destruction of Personal Information.
In addition, we train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of Personal Information. We commit to taking appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our employees' privacy responsibilities.
When you transmit Personal Information to us through the Services website, that information is encrypted using the 128 bit SSL security protocol (Secure Sockets Layer) which encrypts the information channel from your computer to our server over the Internet. We also use SSL to allow you to securely view your on-line account and registration information. Furthermore, your credit/debit card information is encrypted using the 256 bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) encryption algorithm and stored in a database.
Other than limited access by us in order to carry out the Services as described above, your Personal Information is accessible only by you using a password created by you. To protect the security of your Personal Information, you must keep your password confidential. You are responsible for all uses of Services by anyone using your password, including any disclosures of Personal Information.
We will make available information about our general policies and practices relating to the processing of Personal Information. We will not make available information about processing or management of Personal Information for a specific customer except to that customer or as directed by that customer.
Accuracy of Personal Information and Access
We rely on you to ensure the Personal Information you provide to us is accurate and up to date for the purposes set out in the Policy.
You may update, review or correct your Personal Information at any time on-line by accessing your password protected registration page or by contacting our Privacy Officer as specified under “Questions or Concerns About Your Privacy” below.
We will keep Personal Information that remains relevant for the intended purposes or as required by law. We may keep Personal Information about you in our records as long as it is needed for the purposes described above, including statutory or regulatory retention requirements, even if you cease to be a customer.
Once Personal Information is deleted, you will not be able to access it any longer.
Links to Third Party Websites
The Services website may contain links to other websites that operate independently of the Services and that are not under our control. We provide links to other websites solely for your convenience and information. Other websites may have their own privacy policies, which we suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for information that is collected through those websites or for any other use or disclosure of information by the operators of those websites.
Questions or Concerns About Your Privacy?
120 Bremner Blvd.
Toronto, ON M5J 0A8